IST Banner

Author Topic: Looking Over DMSMH From Hindsight - by The Pilot  (Read 3199 times)

David St Lawrence

• Old Auditor
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 431
  • Using SRT will change your life
    • Spiritual Rescue Technology
Looking Over DMSMH From Hindsight - by The Pilot
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:26:52 AM »
Pilot'sPost Z11 from Ant Phillips - relayed to you by the SuperScio Internet list - Bringing writings of the Pilot and comments on them   

Looking Over DMSMH From Hindsight

From Post 6
Exchange is the basis of all successful activity.

David Cooke

Re: Looking Over DMSMH From Hindsight - by The Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:44:30 PM »
It's easy to forget that LRH's writings and lectures need to be studied as a record of ongoing research.  He emphasised that many of his conclusions were tentative and later revised them, at least in the early years. But by 1960 the line that 'every word Ron wrote remains true today' was being pushed (for example, at the Melbourne Org, I recall).  And now that these materials are treated as Revealed Scripture, a student's task of evaluating importances has become even harder.

Science doesn't progress by being right.  It progresses by inventing hypotheses that explain the existing observations, but which can be rejected as soon as they are contradicted by new data.  It can also be said that scientists build mental models that get closer and closer to the real world as they are revised with new data. Time tracks, engrams, chains and so on are useful models just as far as they fit the observed data and can be used to get results.

Interested Party

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
What a great piece. I'd like to see a lot more of this kind of thing.

Kathy Elliott

• Liked: 19
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:27 PM »
I have never understood why the church brought back "book one" as a course fairly recently and promoted it with films that made people believe that you could easily get "results" like the ones shown in the film. Aside from the fact that almost no one could get through the book DMSMH (almost no public person is literate enough these days to read that book!), what a huge let down to try to run engrams using book one and to fail miserably. What a horrible invalidation. Probably just another money-making scheme. It would have made more sense to teach people how to run locationals on people.  (Y%
Only do it if it's fun.  If it's not fun, make it fun.  If you can't make it fun, don't do it.

Interested Party

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
Few inside the church think.
The books now have the status of scripture.
Book One is therefore scripture and so can't be criticized.
Ron pushed DMSMH: Just one example... Dianetics and Scientology are new.... there was a breakthrough recorded in book one in 1950. If a person hasn't read it they have not broken through. There are many other examples.

I'm sure I saw somewhere, possibly an older grade chart, that the EP of Bk1 audtiting was "a subjective reality on the reactive mind". It can certainly do that.

I did quite a bit of Bk1 style auditing and had some quite spectacular experiences; PCs getting into past lives, rough car accidents and various other things. Very few had any cogs or felt their lives had been changed but they did come back for more. It was interesting phenomena I guess.

Argos

• Liked: 662
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 06:12:20 AM »
It's easy to forget that LRH's writings and lectures need to be studied as a record of ongoing research.  He emphasised that many of his conclusions were tentative and later revised them, at least in the early years. But by 1960 the line that 'every word Ron wrote remains true today' was being pushed (for example, at the Melbourne Org, I recall).  And now that these materials are treated as Revealed Scripture, a student's task of evaluating importances has become even harder.

Science doesn't progress by being right.  It progresses by inventing hypotheses that explain the existing observations, but which can be rejected as soon as they are contradicted by new data.  It can also be said that scientists build mental models that get closer and closer to the real world as they are revised with new data. Time tracks, engrams, chains and so on are useful models just as far as they fit the observed data and can be used to get results.

Well said!

When I came to the realization Scientology is just ''THE STEPPING STONE'' from which all potential researches could as well be creations, I waited no time to run this universe as an engram, and reached naturally higher level of awareness, where true power can only operate as entities, this is where Ron researches get stuck, Ron did never investigate if the thetan has the ability to undo itself, domain of faith never reached in Scio, keep in mind that I am speaking of that phenomenon of Scientology, prior to the sixties, up to the early seventies, actual Scientology is a farce.

A.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:59:56 PM by Argos »
Consciousness is a Self delusion, awareness its dissolution..