IST Banner

Author Topic: PaulsRobot Goes Mobile  (Read 2166 times)

Paul Adams

• Moderator Group
  • Liked: 130
    • PaulsRobot
PaulsRobot Goes Mobile
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »
I have a new PaulsRobot website at the central address, http://paulsrobot.com. It is really PaulsRobot-lite.

The site is responsive, in that it will adapt itself to the viewer's screen size. You can check this by decreasing the size of your browser window if you are on a desktop, or possibly by switching a mobile device from landscape view to portrait view.

There are a handful of pages of explanatory stuff (blue header), and a bunch of session pages (teal header).

Most pages have a central content space (6 units wide) and two sidebars (3 units wide each). At a screen resolution of over 960 pixels wide, all three will display. Under 640 pixels the central content will display first, and the two sidebars will either display under the central content one by one or not display at all. The explanatory pages mostly have disappearing sidebars, while the session pages all retain the sidebars.

The session pages for desktop use mostly have audio on autoplay (like in PaulsRobot3) and this audio will play in almost all browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc). There is a whole duplicate set of session pages without audio for mobile use.

The session delivered allows the user to address his/her topic with three Rub & Yawn procedures: Reach & Withdraw on a topic, 6-Direction, and Rogerian. One can switch among these procedures at any time.

I've dropped the detailed "Write on Report" section as it's not appropriate for a mobile format.

Enjoy. :)

Paul
Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file at above URL downloads page.

JulianB

• Liked: 195
Re: PaulsRobot Goes Mobile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 06:17:38 AM »
Nice work Paul!

David St Lawrence

• Old Auditor
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 431
  • Using SRT will change your life
    • Spiritual Rescue Technology
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:38:51 PM »
Incredible work Paul!

This may be the breakthrough that will make Paul's Robot go viral.

I can see a future where people on the bus or in waiting rooms are doing Robot auditing instead of doing MineCraft or Angry Birds.

I am so glad you are contributing to the independent knowledge base and to this forum.

#^G
Exchange is the basis of all successful activity.

Paul Adams

• Moderator Group
    • PaulsRobot
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
Thanks very much David.

Yes, I agree. Although PaulsRobot sessions are relatively formal (assuming one follows the instructions!), but generally speaking Rub & Yawn sessions can be extremely sloppy and informal and done anywhere with no equipment needed beyond one's mind and body. After a few proper PaulsRobot sessions the user will probably get the idea that he can do this by himself without a structured session for the most part.

It would be nice to have a PaulsRobot app. I read that only maybe 10% of mobile (non-phone) use is internet access and the bulk is app use, which doesn't involve bandwidth charges. I haven't a clue how to put together an app for iOS or Android though. One day . . . .

Paul
Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file at above URL downloads page.

David St Lawrence

• Old Auditor
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 431
  • Using SRT will change your life
    • Spiritual Rescue Technology
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »
It would be nice to have a PaulsRobot app. I read that only maybe 10% of mobile (non-phone) use is internet access and the bulk is app use, which doesn't involve bandwidth charges. I haven't a clue how to put together an app for iOS or Android though. One day . . . .

If you postulate it, it will appear...

I have the feeling that interactive apps will not have to be built from raw code much longer. 5th and 6th generation languages seem to pop up when they are needed.

These are higher level languages which let you set the parameters and then insert text and images for an interactive game/app.

I predict it will happen this year.     d **<
Exchange is the basis of all successful activity.

Paul Adams

• Moderator Group
    • PaulsRobot
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 07:30:41 AM »
I've made an eBook version of the mobile PaulsRobot site, for anyone that wants it permanently accessible on a smartphone or eReader. It's been totally redone, word by word, but the text and functionality is very similar to the website pages.

One can still get a session by clicking an appropriate response hyperlink from those shown, and flip from page to page (i.e. to the next command) but there is no audio. One day eBooks will offer audio at the granularity needed but it's not here yet.

Sample session page, as shown in the Kindle app. I set this to show the whole page, but it's not like a PDF of fixed page size: if you are using a small screen you can tweak the font size etc to a comfortable level. On my iPod Touch, for instance, it will show just five or six commands and that's about it.

Image of the cover:

It's available from PaulsRabbit (http://paulsrabbit.com) in three formats: MOBI (Kindle
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:34:34 AM by Paul Adams »