IST Banner

Author Topic: This forum is all about accommodating different realities  (Read 4754 times)

David St Lawrence

• Old Auditor
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 431
  • Using SRT will change your life
    • Spiritual Rescue Technology
A discussion thread is a discussion about a shared reality.

When someone introduces ideas from a different reality, it does not add to the value of the thread even if the ideas are put forth in an engaging and friendly manner.

The reason this forum works is that we recognize and honor each other's realities. You can look at this forum and you will see that each category contains material that conforms to a particular reality. As members, we are invited to visit areas where we may not share the reality, but there may be data in that area which will explain things in our chosen reality.

If you think of our individual realities as different faiths, you will have a working understanding why realities should be kept separate even if there are shared values. You cannot change a faith through reason or facts. Only when the faith is seen to lack answers is it necessary to question one's beliefs.

Each category on this forum has a shared reality on what has worked and what changes will make it better. Attempts to introduce different realities are not productive as they interrupt the ongoing conversations about the main subject matter. Examples of different realities are Scientology, Knowledgism, TROM, Spiritual Rescue Technology, Ron's Org, etc.

If someone were to relate information about SRT results that others can duplicate, the reality is shared. When someone shares information that does not fit the SRT reality and cannot be verified by inspection of ones own entities, there is no value in that effort.

The same is true in the Knowledgism category. Comments about Knowledgism from a different reality do not contribute to the Knowledgism discussions.

Accordingly, I have removed posts that reflect an alternate reality from the reality of a thread and placed them in the Personal Philosophy Section. I wish to acknowledge the potential value of all comments but I will not allow comments to derail threads or to nullify the ideas embodied in that thread.

If there are several people wishing to establish their own reality on a spiritual matter, we will set them up with a section of their own.

I would like moderators to be aware of efforts to change or nullify the reality of a discussion thread. It does not matter if it is done in a friendly and well meaning way. A thread has a shared reality and that needs to be preserved. Witness the debacle of a typical thread on ESMB where conflicting realities are constantly at war. Reality wars are no different than religious wars and should be avoided at all costs.

Let me know if this seems workable to you.

David
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:52:02 AM by David St Lawrence »
Exchange is the basis of all successful activity.

orwen

• Liked: 64
Re: This forum is all about accommodating different realities
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »
Very well understood. That is a clever approach.
Orwen

wearenotalone

• Liked: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
Very Clever way say it. I totally agree.

vinaire

• Liked: 40
  • "All knowledge should be consistent and coherent."
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »
My understanding is that there is an overall reality and we are looking at it from different viewpoints. So the differences is not in the reality out there, but actually in our viewpoints. When we engage in discussions, it is the differences in our viewpoints that we are trying to sort out. Thus, we all benefit from discussions. A discussion is not like a debate where one is trying to prove the validity of one's viewpoint. In my opinion, one should be willing to examine and change one's viewpoint if better consistency and coherency is available.

My understanding is that a discussion thread is a discussion about a particular topic. The discussion should stay on that topic. But then there can be a topic where different realities are compared and sorted out. Such a topic would admit different realities.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:13:19 PM by vinaire »
"All knowledge from all sources should be consistent and coherent." ~ Vinaire

David St Lawrence

• Old Auditor
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 431
  • Using SRT will change your life
    • Spiritual Rescue Technology
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:09 PM »
Vinaire,

We are able to accommodate your reality that there is an overall reality.

As long as it does not interfere with our individual discussions, you are welcome to hold that reality and expand upon it, on your own thread.

Your proposal is a well meaning effort to start a new topic and I suggest you remove it to another area of the forum.

It is not germane to this discussion.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:42:17 PM by David St Lawrence »
Exchange is the basis of all successful activity.

Argos

• Liked: 662
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »

Discussion and what to be avoided

The no1 of that seems to me joke of absolute dimension as it contradict its own very statement !

That David allows me to have my own section is proving the point that different realities are welcome on this forum, including yours

believing there is an overall reality where personal worship seems to be no where as a possibility.

Argos
Consciousness is a Self delusion, awareness its dissolution..

Roger Boswarva

• Liked: 834
  • http://knowledgism-practice-group.org
    • http://knowledgism-practice-group.org
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 11:31:35 AM »
Ideally, "discussion," should be conducted in the spirit of and with the intention to expand each others' viewpoints, knowledge, appreciation and perceptions of "truth."

On other forms we have seen "discussion" carried out with the intent to put down or destroy another's beliefs or expressed truths.

A key thing to be understood is that there are LEVELS OF TRUTH . . . and individuals are contacting "truth" as best they can but are not necessarily all perceiving the same  "truth" or level of the ultimate that you are . . . some may be below your level and others above it . . . in any event it is never right to put down or invalidate the viewed truth of another.  That is a destructive act.

The right action is to honor them and their view and offer additional information that they might be able to accept, embrace and hence upgrade.

That way all win and none lose . . . .

Rog